November 9, 2022
Today’s DeFi data&news Brought to you by DeFi Insight
“Today, Binance has agreed to acquire FTX in a deal that’s shocked even the most veteran of crypto acolytes.
What will this mean for the industry and trust in centralized crypto exchanges? ” @Source
| What the hell just happened in crypto?
▪ Fully acquire FTX — CZ
▪ FTX has reached an agreement with Binance on a strategic investment deal — SBF
▪ Bankman-Fried apologizes to FTX investors for lack of communication over Binance deal
▪ FTX is Lehman in the crypto circle, and the current market has not bottomed out — Arthur Hayes
▪ Binance will start Proof of Reserves soon, guarantees full transparency — CZ
▪ Huobi Global will prepare the Merkle tree reserve proof again — Justin Sun
▪ OKX plans to release its Merkle tree reserve proof within the next 30 days
▪ Network delays due to large number of new user registrations are now back to normal — Coinbase
▪ FTX event will lead to tighter industry regulation — Coinbase CEO
▪ FTX Incident Reminds Crypto Firms Not to Use Speculative Tokens as Balance Sheet Underlying Assets
▪ Tether Does Not Have any Exposure to FTX or Alameda, Says Tether CTO
▪ All products are functioning properly, the company is a commercial entity independent of FTX — BlockFi
▪ Alameda Research Has $12.78M Loans on TrueFi and Clearpool
▪ CZ: Binance Has Never Used $BNB for Collateral
▪ Bankman-Fried’s priority crypto bill ‘dead’ after FTX sells to Binance
▪ FTX implosion has U.S. regulators on watch
▪ FTX, Binance Deal Draws Antitrust Concern
▪ Avalanche Feels Impact of Bear Market _theblockresearch
- The Avalanche ecosystem quickly rose to prominence in 2021 amidst growing concerns over scalability of the Ethereum network.
- Avalanche subnets represent the network’s long-term strategy for scaling and initially reduced congestion on the Avalanche C-Chain, but activity on the primary network has remained muted since mid-2022.
- A recent update to the Avalanche network has relaxed the capital requirements to becoming a subnet validator and enabled basic communication between subnet VMs, taking a step toward greater scaling functionality for subnets in the future.
▪ Layer by Layer: Cosmos Hub Weighs its Future with Pivotal Cosmos 2.0 Vote Underway _theblockresearch
▪ Rapid Insights: OpenSea Retaliates Against Royalty Circumvention _theblockresearch
▪ The Settlers of Canto _messari
▪ State of Boba Network Q3 2022 _messari
▪ Governor Note: Introducing Staked aTokens _messari